Cotton Fabric x 2
I found this bright fabric. I decided to use it for the inside of the pleats found in the dress.
I draped the top of the dress on my mannequin in muslin. For the back of the top, I decided to cut a half "V" so that when the two pieces of the back are put together, it would form a triangle.
And here's the part where I forgot to take pictures:
What I did at this point was sew right sides together of the shirt then turned them inside out.
From there, I connected all of the rectangles together at the longer sides then layed them out.
Next, I took the corners of only the gummy bear fabric and brought them together at the top while leaving the green still showing to make the pleats (An in-depth video will be uploaded to my YouTube channel soon).
After all that was done, I connected the top with the skirt then added the zipper down the middle back to make the triangle.
For more detail and "cuteness", I added a collar (An in-depth video will be uploaded to my YouTube channel soon).
This is how it looks all finished! I believe the total amount of time it took me to make this dress was about 5 hours.
Thank you for reading!